Minutes of Parish Council Meeting on 12 September 2018

Draft minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 12 September 2018 to be approved at Parish Council Meeting on Wednesday 14 November 2018.

Meeting held on Wednesday 12 September 2018 in Claxton Village Hall at 7.30pm

In attendance:  Mrs Pat Clare (Chair, presiding), Mrs Mary Button, Mr David Hamblin and Ms Sarah Kennedy, Mr Jason Cantrill (Councillors), Mrs Carla Petersen (Clerk).  Also attending:  9 Parishioners and County Councillor Barry Stone (arrived at 8.00 pm and left at 8.25 pm).

18.70   Approved absences – none .

18.71  Declarations of Interest – there were none.

18.72  Minutes of the meeting held on 18 July 2018
The minutes of the above meeting, which had been circulated beforehand and placed on the notice board and website, were approved and signed.

18.73  Parishioners’ Questions
A parishioner raised concerns about the hedges at the roadside – cars are getting scratched. (Barry agreed to look into this).

Subsidence on the bend between Claxton & Claxton Corner was reported by a parishioner.  (Barry agreed to look into this).

A parishioner reported a leaning telegraph pole.  Clerk to contact Highways.

Confirmed that the tree in hand will be planted in the autumn.

A parishioner confirmed that the hedge had been cut back at Claxton Corner and can now be seen through.

Concerns were raised about the speed of traffic through Claxton.

Loads of soil had been seen to be taking up half of a car park space on the Warren – probably due to recent building works.  Jason agreed to monitor the situation.

A parishioner enquired about plans to plant around the village sign.  The planting of bulbs was discussed and also the condition of the village sign which requires painting.  David agreed to contact Chris Clitheroe regarding the painting.

18.74  District Councillor
Clerk had not heard from Jaan Larner and there was no report.

18.75  County Councillor
Barry Stone delivered his briefing report (a copy is now on the website).  He has been appointed Chairman of the Business and Property Committee.  Adult Social Care needs to be reduced by £54.241m over the next four years so need to find a better way of funding and delivering services.  Care in the home is a top priority.  A Green Paper has been produced by the LGA and a consultation process is underway, closing on 26th September.  Details can be found at www.futureadultsocialcare.co.uk .  A £2.6m cash injection has been pledged to lift pressure on the NHS over winter and to cut admissions.  Key move is to extend the early intervention vehicle (EIV) – an ambulance to assess people who fall at home to see if they need hospital care.  A six-month EIV trial last year cut hospital admissions down from 78% to 23%.  From October this service will run 7 days a week.  Barry had received an email from Matt Tracey regarding the Loddon Roundabout saying that he had met with Halsbury’s new highways consultant to discuss an alternative to the approved roundabout design.  Whilst at an early stage this is considered a positive step forward to enable the committed highways scheme to be finalised and subsequently programmed.  Barry mentioned his £6,000 Member Highways Budget which can be used for safety improvements.  Full criteria on the website.  Barry agreed to look into roadside hedges and confirm who cuts what.  The lack of appearance and reports from the District Councillor was raised with Barry who confirmed Jaan Larner would be standing for a different Ward next year.

18.76  Defibrillator
Councillor David Hamblin updated the meeting.  The defibrillator will be installed on the right-hand side of front elevation of Village Hall at an accessible height.  An assessment will be carried out on 17 September 2018.  Registration form once completed to be given to Clerk for actioning.  Clerk had spoken with East of England Ambulance Service regarding defibrillator training.  Clerk to circulate an email, to also include Social Club, for suggestion of training dates.

18.77   BT internet and telephone issues
Councillor Jason Cantrill reported having problems with his BT broadband and also the telephone.  The issues are sporadic and can last for 2 – 6 days.  BT have been seen installing new telegraph poles.  Clerk to contact BT.

18.78  WW1 Beacon lighting
Councillors had already discussed that the cost of a brazier at £360 plus 2 large gas bottles was too expensive to go ahead with.  Councillors had decided upon a cheaper alternative and confirmed there would still be a lighting @ 7.00 pm on 11 November 2018.  Refreshments will be arranged before the lighting ceremony.  A request was made for photos to display as an exhibit on the evening.

18.79  Peascod flooding
Barry Stone agreed to contact Highways.

18.80  SAM2
Clerk confirmed Langley with Hardley are still keen to go ahead with a joint venture.  LwH are currently looking into various options regarding their current third share.

18.81   Dog fouling
Clerk sourced dog fouling signs which had already been distributed and displayed.  Agreed for Clerk to order a further 12 hard plastic signs. Dog fouling issues had already been included on the website.

 18.82   Planning
There had been no new planning applications.  The one outstanding planning application (2018/1148) had been refused on 4 September 2018.

18.83   Finance
A detailed financial statement had been made available to Councillors and parishioners alike, and Councillors had seen a complete list of proposed payments will in advance, so there were no surprises.

a) The bank balance at 12 September 2018 was £2061.51.  The Budget/Financial Report had been circulated seperately.
b) Receipts – none.
c) Grants – none.
d) Payments
Cheque      Payee                    Amount           Description
100385      C J Petersen         187.97             Salary & admin fees July 2018
100386      C J Petersen         187.97             Salary & admin fees Aug 2018
100387      C J Petersen          60.20             Mileage & stationery

On a proposal from Pat Clare, seconded by David Hamblin, the schedule was approved for payment, and cheques signed.

18.84   Report from Clerk
Continued to work on setting up on-line banking with Barclays Bank. Completed funding and agreement form for Mini Recycling Centre. Contacted Barry Stone regarding Hellington Corner, George Lane Roundabout and Claxton Corner.  Sourced dog fouling signs and forwarded onto Chair for distribution. Researched costs of SAM2.  Provided Highways Rangers with list of some work to be carried out.  Attended a few Community Cafes.  Researched defibrillator training.  Continued to amend contact details.  Currently updating Standing Orders.  Contacted Norse regarding grass cutting.

18.85   Correspondence
The Clerk tabled a list of correspondence which had been emailed or circulated to Councillors or received prior to the meeting.  Items included:

  • Norfolk ALC newsletters for Aug -Sept
  • Community Action Norfolk’s newsletters
  • Clerks and Councils Direct July issue

 18.86  Items for next Agenda

There were none.

The next meeting is on 14 November 2018.

The meeting closed at 8.54 pm.

 

 

This entry was posted in 2018 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply