Minutes of Parish Council Meeting on 14 November 2018

Draft minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on 14 November 2018 to be approved at Parish Council Meeting on Wednesday 9th January 2019.

Meeting held on Wednesday 14 November 2018 in Claxton Village Hall at 7.30pm

In attendance:  Mrs Pat Clare (Chair, presiding), Mrs Mary Button, Mr David Hamblin and Ms Sarah Kennedy, Mr Jason Cantrill (Councillors), Mrs Carla Petersen (Clerk).  Also attending:  9 Parishioners.

18.87   Approved absences – none .

18.88  Declarations of Interest – there were none.

18.89  Minutes of the meeting held on 12 September 2018

The minutes of the above meeting, which had been circulated beforehand and placed on the notice board and website, were approved and signed.

18.90  Parishioners’ Questions

A parishioner gave praise for the brilliant night on 11 November 2018.

Comments were made by a parishioner that some signage and weight restriction signs were inaccurate and confusing around the village.

Enquiries were made by a parishioner about the location of the dog fouling signs.

A parishioner confirmed Carlton Beck’s dredging works this year were satisfactory, however a few parishioners confirmed Hellington dredging works have some outstanding issues.

Councillor David Hamblin had spoken with Chris Clitheroe who confirmed the wood on the village sign had oxidised, would not take paint and stain would bleed.   The Chair offered, when the wood is drier, to try doing some refurbishment to the sign herself.

The Chair confirmed the oak sleepers are in hand and suggested planting lavender, a rose bush and bulbs.

18.91  District Councillor

The Clerk had not heard from Jaan Larner and there was no report.

18.92  County Councillor

The Clerk had received apologies from Barry Stone – he had another meeting to attend.  He provided an update on Peascod flooding from Gary Overland, Highways Engineer who suggested liaising with the Clerk to determine the problem.  Clerk to arrange a site meeting with Gary Overland, Chair, David Hamblin and Jason Cantrill.

18.93   WW1 Beacon lighting

The Chair confirmed the event had gone very well, had been a nice night and very worthwhile.

18.94   SAM2

A site meeting had been carried out with Chair, Clerk, Mr Tony Timmins (Langley with Hardley Vice-Chair) and representative from Westcotec (recommended SAM2 supplier).  Provisional SAM2 locations were agreed upon.  Bluetooth option was selected for easier downloading and statistical monitoring.  The quote from Westcotec less Partnership Funding made Claxton cost £837.50 + VAT.  Agreed to go ahead.  Clerk to action and apply for Partnership funding.

18.95  Defibrillator

Councillor David Hamblin updated the meeting.  The defibrillator had been installed.  There had been a slight issue with the PIR device however this had been changed.  David Hamblin agreed to look after the defibrillator documents.  The defibrillator has been placed on the national register and insurance cover set up at no extra cost.  The Clerk had received one extra name for training.  Agreed to book a training date.

18.96  Precept for 2019

The Clerk had received The Precept Setting Timeline from SNC.  Tax base calculations will be received on 7 December 2018.  The Precept return deadline is 21 January 2019.  At the 9 January 2019 meeting the Council would need to agree the level of Precept to be requested for the following year.

18.97   CiLCA training for Clerk

The full cost of CiLCA training would be reduced by 50% due to recent EU Funding.  Langley with Hardley agreed to share the cost of training.  Training will start in January 2019 and end in June 2019.

18.98   Meeting dates for 2019

The following dates were agreed upon for 2019:  Meetings will be on Wednesdays 9 January, 20 March, 22 May (APM and Annual PC Meeting), 10 July, 11 September and 13 November 2019.

18.99   Planning

There had been no new planning applications.

18.100 Finance

A detailed financial statement had been made available to Councillors and parishioners alike, and Councillors had seen a complete list of proposed payments well in advance, so there were no surprises.

a) The bank balance at 14 November 2018 was £3,394.03.  The Budget/Financial Report had been circulated separately.

b) Receipts – 1) South Norfolk Council – Precept £2,104.50 2)   South Norfolk Council – Mini Recycling Bin £100.

c) Grants – None.

d) Payments

Cheque Payee Amount Description
100388 C J Petersen 122.60 Salary May 2018
100389 Norse Eastern Ltd 217.44 Grass cutting – Village Hall 2nd six monthly payment
100390 Martin Epps 237.50 Installation of defibrillator
100391 Norse Eastern Ltd 205.25 Grass cutting – Warren 2nd six monthly payment

On a proposal from Pat Clare, seconded by David Hamblin, the schedule was approved for payment, and cheques signed.

18.101 Report from Clerk

Defibrillator insurance arranged.  Contacted Zurich for a provisional insurance quote on SAM2. The cost would be £15.  Attended site meeting for SAM2.  Arranged emptying of Mini Recycling Centre.  Ordered dog fouling signs.  Contacted BT regarding phone and internet problems.  Contacted Barry Stone regarding Hellington Corner, George Lane Roundabout and Claxton Corner.  Provided Highway Rangers with a list of works.  Contacted Barry Stone regarding flooding at Peascod.  Researched memorial tree plaque suppliers.  Contacted Environment Agency regarding Hellington & Carlton Becks. Contacted Better Broadband for Norfolk for an update – should be available to Internet Service Providers within the next two weeks.  SNC required Rough Sleeper Estimate – Councillors confirmed there are none.

18.102 Correspondence

The Clerk tabled a list of correspondence which had been emailed or circulated to Councillors or received prior to the meeting.  Items included:

  • Norfolk ALC newsletters for Oct – Nov
  • Community Action Norfolk’s newsletters

18.102 Items for next Agenda

There were none.

18.102 Date of next meeting

The next meeting will be on Wednesday 9 January 2019 at 7.30pm in the Village Hall.  The Chair wished everyone a Happy Christmas and New Year.

The meeting closed at 8.24 pm.

This entry was posted in 2018 Minutes. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply