This article and its attachments was first published in 2016. With winter just round the corner we think it is worthwhile re-issuing it in 2018.
Our thanks to Rix Petroleum for pointing us towards the following videos which deal with (1) security of oil tanks and
(2) preparing your tank for the winter.
This is in light of FPS (Federation of Petroleum suppliers) and OFTEC’s (The Oil Firing Technical Association) recent “Tank Safe” campaign aimed at educating consumers on the best ways to maintain their tanks.
The video looks at some tips such as:
- Clear the area around your oil tank
- Check how secure your oil tank is
- Don’t forget to service your oil boiler
- Top up early to lower your fuel costs.
Rix Petroleum Director, Duncan Lambert, details these and explains how to carry these out.