Applications are invited for the role of Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer. The current incumbent has indicated he would like to step down by May 2018 at the latest, and that if a suitable successor were identified at any time before then he would be happy to fit in with that timing.
Claxton has 5 Parish Councillors who meet in the Village Hall on the middle Wednesday of every other month starting with January. The paid post is for an average of four hours per week, which includes attendance at all Parish Council meetings.
The post is home-based and the hours are flexible, with the exception of council meetings, and the salary will be in accordance with National Pay Scales. The current salary for the full duties as outlined below is £9.392 per hour which equates to Spinal Column Point 18 (part-time) of the National Joint Council for Local Government Services 2016-2018 National Salary Award. This is likely to rise from April 2018.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with good interpersonal, verbal, written and IT skills. Relevant experience would be ideal, although a full handover will be given by the current Clerk and training is available.
The successful candidate would be expected to:
- advise and support the Chair and other Parish Councillors.
- arrange, publicise and attend Parish Council meetings.
- prepare the Agenda and the Minutes of the meetings.
- liaise with the District and County Councils, other organisations and official bodies as appropriate.
- manage the Parish Council’s finances and prepare the accounts for annual audit.
- attend to correspondence and administrative tasks.
- review annually all Parish Council policies including Standing Orders and Financial Regulations.
- manage and develop the Parish Council website.
- maintain both paper and electronic Parish Council files.
- Other duties as determined by the Parish Council.
If you are interested please send your application with CV either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Mrs P V Clare, Chair of Claxton Parish Council, The Hawthorns, Church Lane, Claxton NR14 7HY.